Senior Architect | Building Designer
Are you ready to make your mark on an expanding building design practice in Auckland? This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architect to advance their career where professional development and career advancement are actively supported and encouraged.
Well-established business focused on retail and commercial projects, our practice has more than 30 years on the market and 6 office locations across Australia and New Zealand. We are looking for a technically talented and experienced Senior Architect to expand our operations, and you will have an unique opportunity to build and shape our operations in New Zealand.
You will have the opportunity to work and manage projects across Australia and New Zealand with a diverse range of clients. You will drive business development by connecting with new clients and mentoring and guiding our small but growing team in Auckland while also working with our team members on other offices.
What we offer:
- Work closely with talented, collaborative, passionate professional group of technicians, architects and project leaders.
- Work on various retail and commercial projects across Australia and New Zealand alongside a talented team.
- Competitive salary and flexibility
- Paid annual and personal leave from day one.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and experience. Key role elements will include:
- Ideally have 10-15 years’ experience working with retail and commercial projects, and have thorough knowledge of construction in the commercial sector.
- Feel confident taking projects from planning phases through to full architectural documentation as well as a good understanding of building construction as well as experience in site survey and measurements.
- Ability to lead and deliver projects and people from inception through to completion.
- Enjoy the knowledge sharing process, mentoring, training team members and willingly take more junior staff under your wing.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a small/medium/big team and meet deadlines, keeping a strong attention to detail.
- Capable of organising and prioritising work with excellent time management.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual who is adaptable to a fast-paced workplace.
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to build good relationships within the company and with clients. Existing network will be highly regarded.
- Drive to learn and open to new ways of working while striving for quality and excellence in all aspects of work.
- Have a relevant degree or tertiary qualification.
- Fluent with Revit, AutoCAD would be advantageous
- Have a positive attitude and good teamwork skills.
- Have a good knowledge of MS Word & MS Excel and a current driver's licence.
This is permanent full-time role for someone with strong understanding of architectural documentation and the ability to liaise within multiple internal and external clients across the Australia and New Zealand.
Whether you are looking to step up to Senior role or you are already working at this level and looking for a change - please get in touch.
If this position sounds interesting and you would be keen to learn more, please get in touch with us!